Hardwood floors make an elegant statement in any home, but cleaning them is anything but pretty.
They scratch easily, dirt gets between the slats, and if you have pets, the smell from their messes is almost impossible to get rid of. Check out these 15 Tips to cleaner hardwood floors. Make your life and household chores easier with these easy cleaning tips & video’s. Remove crayons, stains and more.
If you’re looking for a solution to one — or all — of your hardwood headaches, these simple tricks for cleaning, treating, and all-around saving your beautiful flooring are your best tips around.
1. Remove permanent marker from hardwood by spraying the spot with cologne!
You can also get marker stains off with a little toothpaste.
2. Get rid of dents by wetting the spot and dampening a cloth or paper towel. Rub and iron over the cloth on the spot in a circular motion, checking after a minute or two on the progress.
3. Get rid of creaky floors by dusting any noisy spots with baby powder.
4. Get rid of urine stains — and their nasty smells — by spraying the area with hydrogen peroxide.
5. Cut up an old wine cork and glue it to the bottom of your furniture. This will prevent scuffs and scratches when you move things around.
6. Rub walnuts into small scratches and watch them disappear before your eyes.
7. For more extensive marks, though, mix equal parts white vinegar with canola oil and rub it on the area.
8. For an all-natural floor cleaner, brew a few black tea bags and wipe your floors down with a rag that’s damp with the tea. Here’s why it works.
9. You can also make this DIY cleaner with just water, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and some dish soap.
10. No matter how well you clean and polish your floors, they will start to fade. Bring them back to life by rubbing them down with some Old English lemon oil.
11. Literally erase scuff marks with the common school supply.
12. Get rid of tape residue on your hardwood floors with a mix of two tablespoons of baking soda and a quarter to a half teaspoon of water.
Spread the paste on the sticky area, let it dry, dampen a cloth with water and rub the spot clean.
13. Whatever you do, DON’T clean your hardwood floors with a soaking wet mop. A damp one with soap and water is better.
14. If you notice hairline cracks in the wood, don’t panic. Floors expand and contract during winter and summer months. Wait until the problem solves itself in warmer weather or speed up the process with a humidifier.
15. Finally, make your home a shoe-free zone. Have guests and family members check them at the door to prevent tracking dirt that then creates scratches and scuffs.
Review these Hardwood Floor Cleaners and get FREE Shipping with Amazon Prime!!
Hardwood floors might require a bit more upkeep than laminate flooring or tiles, but they’re totally worth it. And with these tricks, it doesn’t seem like such a pain to clean them anymore!
If you are looking for more information on any other home appliance visit our other site at: www.allgreatappliances.com