Shark is by far the most popular brand name for the best vacuums in the United States. Their company, SharkNinja, is well-known for designing and manufacturing both corded and cordless vacuums that are highly functional and innovative.
This vacuum brand is trusted, established and well-known. If you want one of the best Shark vacuum models with great cleaning power, for a competitive price, then you’ll love what this brand has to offer.
The company has Canadian roots and has been in business since 1995. Today, this parent company is run out of Massachusetts. However, it was launched in Montreal, Canada.
The Shark Navigator Professional, Rotator and Rocket series are currently the best picks of vacuums on the market. Read on to find out more.
The Best Shark Vacuum Models
Shark Navigator Lift Away Vacuum Series
Top of the best Shark vacuum list is the Navigator lift away professional NV356E. It is currently the most successful seller over the last year in the United States, and one of the best vacuum cleaners in the Navigator lift away technology series. One of the pros is a large dust container is perfect for areas where you tend to get large debris, dust and dirt. The best Shark vacuum features an impressive array of tools and accessories such as a pet power brush, hard floor attachment, crevice tool, dusting brush and two micro fiber pads.
The Navigator NV22L could be the best Shark vacuum for pets when used on hard floors or carpet. With an eight-foot long hose and extension, you could reach most places while cleaning. Animal owners will like the suction and cleaning power as well as the premium animal fur power brush that is included. When it comes to the best Shark vacuum reviews, this has a very affordable price and is easy to use.
Top Product Reviews
- Navigator Deluxe NV42 has powerful suction capabilities, is lightweight and comes with a 12-foot hose. The large dust cup is a huge advantage for cleaning large debris areas. Additional attachments include an upholstery tool, dusting brush and a crevice tool.
- Navigator NV370 features a lift-away canister which makes it easy to reach areas such as curtain rails and ceilings without hassle. It’s swivel steering allows for excellent handling and control. One of the popular features of the NV370 is the HEPA anti-allergen seal and filter.
- Navigator Deluxe NV360 is a lightweight lift-away design with a swivel steering. The kit includes a dusting brush, two tools for reaching in back or beneath furniture and a animal fur power brush. Dust and dirt cannot escape from an airtight canister. This Navigator has a strong suction and it’s also easy to maneuver.
Shark Rotator Powered Professional Series
- Rotator TruePet NV752 features a cleaning head specifically made for picking up animal hair. The swivel steering makes it easy to reach into awkward places such as corners and under furniture. The LED light allows you to spot dirt while you clean. The HEPA filter and anti-allergen seal force all the hair and dust stay in it’s canister of the cleaner. Shark Rotator professional TruePet NV752 is an award-winning product, a top pick, and one of the best Shark vacuum models.
- DuoClean Lift-Away NV803 is a powerful rotator professional vacuum that is easy to maneuver and operate. DuoClean features a dual brush system, anti-allergen seal and HEPA filter. The roller brushes are easily kept free from entangled hair and dirt.
- Rotator Lift-Away NV501 has great suction which means it has the ability to handle cleaning most surfaces. The built-in LED light is great for cleaning darker areas and under furniture. Its HEPA compliant filter and unique seal technology are features most consumers may be looking for in a corded vacuum.
- Rotator Lift-Away NV601 is an easy to store, small vacuum that is incredibly powerful. A pet and crevice tool is included in the extra attachments. This model performs well and has all the features you would expect from a top branded device, including a floor nozzle and headlight.
- Rotator Lift-Away canister NR96 enables you to reach hard to get to areas, such as under beds, vents, stairs, ceilings and around furniture. The vacuum has superior suction power, is lightweight and offers a 23-foot power cord. The fingertip controls are well-situated and make it easy to switch about to different surfaces. The NR96 provides excellent deep carpet cleaning.
Shark Rocket Light Upright Vacuums
The Rocket DuoClean HV382 is a multipurpose vacuum with a range of uses such as cleaning your carpets, hardwood flooring, your car, stairs, curtains and bed. The handy built-in LED light on the front of the machine enables so you to see in dark corners and under furniture. The HV382 has a powerful suction so you can clean almost any surface, most dirt, animal hair, spilt sugar or cereal and dust effortlessly.
The vacuum is ultra-lightweight, and you will find it easy to maneuver. Shark’s HV382 comes complete with an upholstery tool, 30-foot cord, duster crevice tool, a tool for fur removal, and a wall mount hook.
- Helix Blue Rocket HV301HX is perfect for cleaning upholstery, rugs, carpet and hardwood. It’s washable micro fiber pad makes it easy to clean floors. The HV301HX is a lightweight vacuum with swivel steering.
- Rocket AH401 is a heavy-duty vacuum machine with two brush rolls, two speed settings, 25-foot cord, easy steering and an LED light. This powerful vacuum is perfect for office carpets and many other types of flooring such as hardwood.
- Rocket Deluxe HV321 offers advanced duoclean technology with high speed suction. It provides an amazing multi-surface cleaning ability as a vacuum and as a detachable handheld vacuum. Filters are easy to clean and fully washable. The lightweight build with swivel steering uses a 30-foot electrical cord. For increased visibility, The HV321 with it’s hand vac offers built-in LED lights.
- Rocket Deluxe UV450 makes cleaning easy. This best Shark vacuum model has an attachment to cleaning hard floors and a micro fiber pad to help you get rid of dust. Working in darker areas is now better with the UV450’s LED light. The vacuum is bagless and the dust canister can be easily detached and cleaned.
Similarities and Differences Between the Various Ranges
Most of the best Shark vacuum models are lightweight, quiet and have swivel-nozzles. Another great similarity between the Navigator, Rotator and Rocket is the HEPA filter system to keep dust and allergens contained within the filtration system without any issues. The detachable tight-seal canisters come all bagless and the filters are washable after they have become dirty. It’s filters don’t have to be replaced or updated.
The manufacturer is well-known for its upright powered lift away speed vacuums with powerful suction and is the most popular seller of cleaners in the United States. The fingertip controls come well-situated and offer easy transitioning to different surfaces.
The LED lights are a great help when cleaning darker areas. One of the main differences between the Navigator, Rotator and Rocket is the accessories that are included with these vacuums. Some retailers don’t sell the vacuum accessories separately.
What to Consider Before Purchasing
One of the important questions you need to ask yourself is if you need to control allergens. Indoor pollutants are often higher than the typical concentration outside. Air quality is improved with HEPA filters.
An upright stick vacuum is a good choice if you have mostly carpeted areas in your home. A floor nozzle with a motorized brush roll is preferred for some carpets. For tile and hardwood flooring, you may want to consider a canister vacuum. You should also consider the levels of your home. If you must take a vacuum up and down stairs, a lightweight model will be advisable.
Most vacuums include a combination crevice and brush tool. If you have a lot of stairs or pets, it’s powerful suction and mini-motorized tool will make cleaning easy. Consider a best Shark vacuum model that includes a variety of accessories if you like vacuuming curtains, baseboards and furniture. There are accessories that may be purchased separately.
There is a certain amount of sound expected to be generated while using a vacuum. Heavy-duty machines might be much louder. Sound might be an issue in some offices or homes. The best Shark vacuum cleaners are known for quieter operation.
The best Shark vacuum model’s performance is not determined by the watts, amps or it’s horsepower but the suction that it produces. A light weight vacuum with powerful suction is perfect for most living areas.
Best Shark Vacuum Maintenance Advice
Now that you’ve invested in the best Shark vacuum, it is important to clean its components regularly. This will ensure it performs just like brand new, and for years on end.
Fortunately, vacuums from the Shark stable are appointed with a rich set of features, and are built tough for class-leading durability. But even the best Shark vacuum needs to be cleaned and maintained for it to deliver its best performance. This will also ensure that it can serve you well for many years to come.
While it might seem like a bit of a hassle at the time to do this kind of maintenance, rest assured that keeping an eye on all of the moving parts will be worth it in the long run. Thankfully, parts are available for this kind of device so you can get hold of them quite easily. It also means that you don’t have to spend a lot on a new machine since you can fix it.
When is the right time to clean and maintain a Shark vacuum?
A dirty vacuum will be considerably less efficient than a clean one. When the filters of the best Shark vacuum, or any other vacuum for that matter, become clogged with dirt, it decreases its suction power. Often times, tremendously. To add to this, you also need to ensure that the rotating brush located at the bottom of the vacuum is free of dirt. That said, here are a few signs that your vacuum needs cleaning:
- Loss of suction power
- Sounds different than it normally does
- Leaves dirt behind
- Emits an unpleasant odor
Cleaning the rotating brush
The rotating brush of a vacuum is sometimes referred to as a beater or bristle bar. This digs into the carpet nap to fluff it up in order to use the vacuuming power to suck up embedded dirt.
- Start by unplugging the vacuum from the power outlet.
- Place a medium size bag on the floor to prevent any unwanted mess, and then lay the vacuum over it.
- Lastly, gently remove any material tangled in the brush such as hair and string.
Cleaning the dirt container
It goes without saying that the canister, dirt container, or dirt cup of even the best Shark vacuum must be emptied on a regular basis. However, stubborn dirt may stick to the sides of the container over time. This is hard to get rid off when flipped over. Not removing the dirt thoroughly can lead to bigger issues such as clogging of the filter system and consequently loss of suction power.
- The canister of Shark vacuums is easy to remove, generally by undoing both ends. Once removed, empty the dirt content into the trash.
- Although you can use plain water to clean the container after it is emptied, using a bit of dish detergent is recommended. Grab a long-handled bottle brush to get into the crevices and then rinse thoroughly and set it out to dry.
- It is important to let the canister dry out completely. This is because the last thing you want to do is operate a vacuum with wet components.
Cleaning the filters
All the best Shark vacuums are fitted with filters, which can be made foam plastic and/or felt. The filters are usually located above the canister. NB: it is important to take note of the order in which you remove them. While the dirt container is set to dry, remove the filters and give them a good and thorough bath over the sink.
Shark does not recommend that you wash felt filters, but you can do so gently at your own risk. If you don’t want to mess with the felt filters, you can always replace them with new ones in case you notice signs of damage.
Just like the canister, the filters need to be completely dried. Otherwise, you risk the chance of mildew and mold growing inside the vacuum.
Cleaning the HEPA filter
If your vacuum is equipped with a HEPA filter to trap fine dust particles, it will need to be cleaned as well. The HEPA filter is located underneath the canister, so go ahead and remove it and clean it just as you did with the other filter(s). The drying time of HEPA filters is longer than plastic ones, so it makes sense to keep a second set handy to prevent any delays in cleaning time.
Once all the components are completely dry, put the filters and dirt container back into the vacuum and secure them in place. The filters of Shark vacuums do wear out eventually and will need to be replaced at some point. The good news is that they are inexpensive and easily available. However, make sure you purchase the right ones for your Shark vacuum model.
It remains a good idea to review your home’s unique cleaning requirements before you purchase a new vacuum. An upright vacuum is an excellent choice if you have mostly carpeted areas in your home. For tile and hardwood flooring, you may want to consider a canister vacuum. The award-winning model is the Rotator TruePet NV752, one of the best-sellers and it’s also a top pick best Shark vacuum for pet hair.
The Navigator NV356E is currently the most popular vacuum for 2018 and one of the best vacuum cleaners in the Navigator series. This model lift-away professional upright vacuum provides anti-allergen complete seal technology, hard floor attachment and detachable canister.
It is highly advisable to stay clear of shady brands that are offered at great discounts. The best Shark vacuum offers reliability and is one of the most popular and respected brand names for vacuums in the United States. The company is well-known for designing and making household appliances that are highly functional. A warranty shows that a company trusts its own product. Shark has had the top selling vacuum brand for many years and you’ll receive a warranty every time you buy one. All the best Shark vacuum cleaners receive the All Great Vacuums stamp of approval. Buy their products with our easy to use web site links.
You might also like this: Shark Vacuum Parts: Find All The Parts You Need