Today, there are so many great Hoover vacuums are out there. In fact, this brand is such a household name that there are so many different models to choose from. As an established company, the designs are also just becoming more and more innovative, just like the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
In particular, the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum is an affordably priced stick vacuum that is great for cleaning both hardwood floors and carpets. For example, with it’s powerful suction it can easily handle pet hairs, and it has a decent-sized, easy to empty dust cup.
It has a sleek and versatile vacuum design which offers the ultimate in portable upright performance. What’s more, it is powered by a lithium iron battery which is “fade free”.
If you love cordless vacuum convenience, you may find that the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is perfect for all of your needs. We loved the power behind this model. To clarify, it’s a lightweight and slim style that is a favorite at All Great Vacuums.
To be clear, this isn’t a brand new device. In fact, this cordless vacuum has been on the market for some time now. However, it remains a popular model in spite of its comparative age. While it might not be brand spanking new, what it does have going for it is that it is a robust performer. Therefore, it is ideal for cleaning busy areas.
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Features
As you can tell from what we’ve already shared, there’s a lot to like about this vacuum. This explains why it has remained popular even though there are newer versions on the market now. To expand on this and give you some more information, here is a list of features:
- A motorized brush roll and edge cleaning brushes
- Powerful suction
- Works well for pet hair
- Very lightweight (just 7.25lbs)
- Quiet (puts out just 75 decibels when cleaning)
- Washable filter
- Performance is stable/fade-free for most of the battery cycle
- Easy to empty
With any cordless vac though, you are going to have to accept some compromises. As much as we’re a strong proponent of this model, to give a decent review, we need to tell you about its downsides:
- It is a bit too bulky to use to clean stairs
- Mobility is limited because the base doesn’t swivel
- The foam filter is not as good as a HEPA filter
- The diameter of the dirt cup means cleaning under furniture is awkward
- Opening the dust cup is easy, but the way it is designed means some dirt may escape each time
This vacuum cleaner is a part of the Linx series. In fact, there are a few different models. To summarise, this is the basic version. There is also a newer, Signature Series, which is slightly newer and slightly more expensive. The Signature version is BH50020, while this model, the BH50010 is slightly older and costs less.
The differences between the two models are marginal. The original model is slightly heavier and has a slightly narrower cleaning path. In fact, both models share the same motor and battery. This means that for most people, it doesn’t make much difference which version you buy.
This is because Hoover is a very reliable name, and you get the same dependable guarantees and customer service with this as with other models.
For most households, this is a great vacuum. It will stand upright by itself, no stand needed. What’s more, it is fast, efficient, and powerful enough even for pet owners. Those who suffer from allergies or asthma may be disappointed that it has a simple foam filter instead of a HEPA one.
However, it is hard to find good, reliable cordless devices that offer good filtration, powerful suction, large cups and good battery life, though. The nature of cordless devices means that you are going to have to sacrifice in one area to get the other features, but this has managed to achieve a good balance as a jack of all trades.
Therefore, in light of what we have covered above, Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum is a good choice if you want a dependable cordless vac for cleaning smaller areas. The battery life is not as good as on some newer models, but it charges quickly, and its cleaning performance is hard to beat for the price.
This stick vacuum cleaner features the best WindTunnel technology which is exclusive to Hoover, as well as air filtration which is cyclonic. You’ll find that its exceptional well made Hoover vacuum parts make it an ideal choice for low pile carpet or hard floors.
For more information, you can have a look at the list of specifications below.
- LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System - Interchangeable batteries provide cordless freedom to clean anywhere; Battery Volts: 18 Volts
- WindTunnel Technology - Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- Extreme Recline Handle - Reaches under furniture for easier access without having to move things around
- Edge Cleaning Bristles - Removes dirt, dust and pet hair up against those hard-to-reach edges
- Fuel Gauge -Indicates remaining battery life. Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps. Dirt Path : Center Dirt Path. Dry Nozzle Brush Type : Motorized Brushroll
- Multi-Floor Cleaning - Transitions from carpet to hard floors with ease
- Bottom-Release Dirt Cup - Empty debris with the push of a button
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
You might also like this: Vacuum Cleaners You Would Rather Use For Decoration