Cleaning out furnaces, wooden stoves, grills, and other coal or wood burned areas can be a huge hassle. First, it is very hard to remove all those burnt charcoal because they can also stick to where they burned. Second, you might get allergic rhinitis from all those allergens. The PowerSmith PAVC101 10 Amp Ash Vacuum will come to your rescue when these areas need a deep clean out.
This ash vacuum cleaner was specifically made with the cleaning concerns that we mentioned earlier in mind. It claims to be a tough vacuum that can suck all of the dirt and grime from these difficult areas. Most importantly, it claims to store all the sucked properties in a safe place where there is no risk of them seeping outside the equipment.
In this article, we are going to review the PowerSmith PAVC101 10 Amp Ash Vacuum. We are also going to discuss its many features, as with the advantages and disadvantages of using this vacuum. Also, we are going to determine if this vacuum cleaner is really tough as it claims to be.
Read on to find out our verdict.
This heavy duty vacuum was designed for the specific purpose of cleaning out wooden stoves, barbecue grills, pellet stoves, and ashes from warm or cool fireplaces. You have to designate a specific storage area for this machine as it is bulky.
- It can suck even the finest of dirt and ashes due to its two-stage filter system.
- The filter is washable.
- The filter is replaceable.
- The filter system has seams that are welded with ultrasonic acoustic vibrations.
- The hose that it has is lined with metal, and it is the same case with the canister.
- Both the hose and the canister can withstand high temperatures, thus preventing any type of fire hazards.
- It has a powerful 10 amp motor. The noise level of which is only 79 decibels.
- It has an auto shut off mode when the canister gets too hot.
- Other accessories include casters, a cord that is 16 feet, metal hose, a wheeled base, metal nozzle, two extension wands, turbo nozzle, brush nozzle, and a filter.
- The cord can also be utilized to make the vacuum a regular one.
- It comes in the combined colors of green and black.
- Its switch style is that of a toggle switch.
- The handle is made of plastic, while the other components are made of metal.
- This can definitely hold hot ashes without burning the filter.
- It does not release ashes out of the exhaust.
- It is easy to set up.
- It is also easy to use. You just need to press simple buttons.
- It does not clog easily.
- The auto shut off option is a good safeguard for when the machine overheats.
- It can even suck in grits which are a bit heavy than ashes and dirt.
- It has a hose that is short and not that flexible. There is no ease of movement while using it.
- You have to stop cleaning for 10-20 minutes. It cannot cool down while it is in use.
- It does not clog easily, but when a clog happens, it will continuously clog the hose until its full length is clogged.
- It does not have a super strong suction, so you still have to work slowly around the cleaning area.
- It has a small canister that you have to empty it out every now and then before you even finish cleaning one area.
Summary of the Features
The PowerSmith PAVC101 10 Amp Ash Vacuum is designed specifically to clean out ashes and dirt from wooden stoves, barbecue grills, pellet stoves, and fireplaces. You can suck in both cold and hot ashes into its canister, and it will not melt.
In case of overheating, it has an auto shut off function to give it time to cool down. You have to wait for 10-20 minutes to use the vacuum again.
It is user-friendly as you only need to press a few buttons and it has corresponding simple indicators. The filter that it has is replaceable and also washable, so you need not purchase filters every so often. At the same time, it quietly operates since it has a noise level that is set to only 79 decibels.
Comparison with the Costway 5.3 Gallon 1000W Ash Vacuum Cleaner
The Costway 5.3 Gallon 1000W Ash Vacuum Cleaner has obviously a bigger capacity for its canister compared to the PowerSmith PAVC101 10 Amp Ash Vacuum, but what the former gained with its size, it lacked in its performance.
The one from Costway does not have a state of the art filter system, unlike the one from PowerSmith. When you use the costway, the ashes can escape the canister, and in no time your house will be filled with ash. It also clogs up easily.
In the case of the PowerSmith ash vacuum, it can hold the ashes within its good sized canister, may those ashes be cold or hot.
The PowerSmith PAVC101 10 Amp Ash Vacuum is definitely not the toughest vacuum to clean out cold and hot ashes from different areas, but it still holds its own. It does what it is supposed to do, but there are still flaws in its design and system.
You can even clean out hot ashes with the PowerSmith ash vacuum. The best thing about it is that it can contain the sucked ashes inside the machine, so as not to distribute ash to your entire house. The auto shut off option is also very handy as it is a strong safeguard against fire hazards.
Built with a quieter 10-amp motor, it can clean at a good pace. The filter is washable and replaceable as well. Built-in accessories include casters, 16 foot cord, metal hose, a wheeled base, metal nozzle, two extension wands, turbo nozzle, brush nozzle, and a filter. If you are looking for a quality ash vacuum, this model is a good choice.
You might also like: Shop-Vac 2860010 6.5-Peak HP Industrial BackPack Vacuum