With so many important projects that need to be done on any given day, most of us have a hard time squeezing in house cleaning. The truth is, carpet cleaning and dusting an entire house can be tiresome and time-consuming, and we’d rather spend our time doing something else. However, with the help of innovative cleaning appliances such as a self propelled vacuum cleaner, a dust-free house is now within reach.
For some of you who are still unaware of the wonders that this machine can do, this post is perfect for you. We will be sharing with you all the things that we know about it including its basic parts, how it functions, and the top brands that offer the best vacuum cleaners. That being said, let us start by first defining what it is.
Self Propelled Vacuum Cleaner: What is it?
A self propelled unit is yet another type of vacuum product that is used to remove dust particles, dirt, pet hair, and other small debris from various kinds of surfaces including carpets, hard floor, blinds, and stairs.
It differs from other types of vacuum cleaners in that it can make cleaning both easier and faster because you don’t have to push it like you would an upright or drag it like a canister vacuum. Do you want to find out why? Then, read on! Before we can tell you how it works, though, you must first be familiar with its key components.
- Power Source: Operate using the power of electricity. They can either be cordless and operate by means of a battery or corded, which means that you would need to plug it into a socket.
- Main Internal Motor: This is the heart of any vacuum cleaner. It powers all the fans and belts that make this machine a home cleaning must-have. Most often than not, when a vacuum cleaner’s motor gets damaged, you would need to replace the vacuum itself.
- Self-Propelled Motor: This is the part that is responsible for propelling the unit in the direction that you want it to go. However, this can only be found in self-propelled models.
- Intake Port and Rotating Brush: This powerful technology is the combination of what picks up dust, dirt, and pet hairs from the floor and into the bagged or bagless unit. They work together to ensure that no debris is left on lying on your floor.
- Internal Fan: Intelligently placed just behind the rotating brush, the internal fan provides suction that guides the dirt particles.
- Filter: The filter separates the dust from the solid and heavy particles that the vacuum cleaner swept off of the floor. Adding the filter was an excellent idea as it prevents any large objects from poking holes in the dust bag or hitting the fan blades. There are models that feature just one filter while there are also some that are equipped with two. For those who suffer from asthma or other allergies, it is recommended that they buy a vacuum that has a HEPA filter inside.
- Dust Bag/Container: The dust bag or dust container is where the dirt and debris is collected. Bags come in different sizes and varies depending on the capacity of the model that you have.
How It Works
Self propelled vacuum cleaners work by converting electricity into mechanical energy. So, the first thing that it needs is a source of power, which can either be a battery or an extended cord plugged in a socket. Once it’s on, the electricity travels through wires until it reaches the internal motor, which then signals the rotating brush, fan, and filter to start working.
The fan sucks up the dust, dirt, and other debris off of the floor as the rotating brush sweeps it. Once they reach the filter, the large objects are separated from the dust particles. Some vacuum cleaners have two trash bins, one for large objects and the other intended to keep dust.
With a self propelled vacuum cleaner, the motor would also thrust the entire vacuum forward or backward, depending on where you guide it. In that way, you won’t have to push or carry its full weight, which sometimes reaches up to 20 pounds. This added feature makes home cleaning less tiresome and less time-consuming.
So, are you excited to buy the best self propelled vacuum cleaner? We bet you are! To help you start out your hunt on the right path, allow us to introduce to you the top brands that offer only the best when it comes to this home cleaning machine.
A Quality and Trusted Brand
- Hoover Vacuums
Hoover boasts more than a hundred years of experience in the design and manufacture of floor care appliances. With that much experience, they have been known to be among the leading brands in this industry. They pride themselves on being innovators of simple yet powerful features that can only be found in a Hoover self propelled vacuum cleaner. Check out this top rated model:
Hoover Anniversary Windtunnel Self Propelled Bagged Corded Upright Vacuum
- Hoover WindTunnel Technology lifts away and removes surface debris plus deep down embedded dirt
- Nozzle width is 15 inches so it cleans a wide area with just one pass
- Excellent cleaner for allergy sufferers with a built-in HEPA(1) filter
- Embedded DirtFinder – sensor turns green when no more dirt is being removed from your carpet or floors
- 3 Position Carpet Height Adjustment – adjust as needed to clean all flooring types easily and efficiently
- Accessories Included: 2 Extension Wands, Crevice Tool, Upholstery Tool, Dusting Brush and Air Powered Hand Tool
- At 20.2 pounds, this easy to use propelled upright vacuum cleaner is not not light, but the self propelled motor makes it feel like its light.
Hoover windtunnel upright vacuums have consistent high customer reviews of 3.8 out of 5 stars. Buyers love their Hoover Vacuum. Check out this top seller and you’ll be amazed with it’s cleaning power. An affordable cleaner that is built to last. Visit now.
The fact that you’ve reached the end of this article gives us confidence that you are now more knowledgeable about not just self propelled vacuums but also vacuum cleaners in general. As a result, you can now guarantee that you will be able to make a well-informed decision when you choose to buy a self propelled vacuum cleaner for your home or business. Good luck and happy shopping!
You might also like this: The Ultimate Kirby Vacuum Bags Collection Revealed