At first glance, the VonHaus 600W 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight Upright Stick vacuum cleaner appears to be the same as any other in the range. Look again and you will find that this particular vacuum cleaner has one feature that sets it apart from the rest.
To clarify, the VonHaus 2 in 1 comes with an onboard HEPA (High-Efficiency Particle Absorber) filtration system. This is particularly helpful for people who suffer from respiratory conditions or asthma. The HEPA filtration system is designed to prevent the finer dust particles, pollens and allergens from recirculating back into your home.
The HEPA filtration system comes with 2 filters. This includes a sponge and heap filter. Access to both of the HEPA filters is quite easy. All you need to do is push down the lever on top of the vacuum cleaner to open the dirt collection cup. After this, the filters are then exposed. Then, they can be conveniently pulled out.
It must be advised that there is a piece of fabric wrapped around the filter with a strip of Velcro to hold it into place. It is advisable not to remove it as it is. This is because it is part of the HEPA filtration system.
The VonHaus 600W 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight Upright Stick vacuum cleaner works both as a traditional upright vacuum cleaner as well as a handy lightweight handheld vacuum.
This is convenient for cleaning furniture or drapes. The generous 1.2-litre dust cup also means that you can get more work done before you need to empty it. This is definitely a plus over the smaller model vacuums on the market.
VonHaus 600W 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight Upright
Lightweight materials add to the VonHaus’ overall design and feel. In fact, the vacuum head swivels smoothly. Also, the detachable handheld vacuum sits low on the shaft and doesn’t add much more overall weight.
As it does not come equipped with a motorised brush, it is more suited for uncarpeted surfaces like bare floors or tiles. However, a floor beater is an optional extra. On the positive side, without the roller brush, you don’t have to worry about the vacuum cleaner scuffing or scouring any of your expensive hardwood flooring.
The telescopic wand is a welcome feature. This is because it allows you to easily adjust the height of the vacuum cleaner. This is so you don’t have to hunch over during operation. In fact, other vacuums in the range do not offer this handy feature. So to clarify, if you like to look out for the health of your back, this feature is useful!
VonHaus Upright Stick Vacuum Features
- The HEPA (High-Efficiency Particle Absorber) filtration system helps lock in the smaller particles that other vacuum cleaners would usually recirculate into the air. This prevents the spread of bacteria and other allergens.
- An easily removable 1.3-litre bagless dust cup makes it easy to dispose of dirt. It is also quick and easy to wash and rinse.
- Powerful 600 watt motor with approximately 130 watts of suction power
- Glides easily over most surfaces. This is ideal for rugs, carpets, stairs, hardwood floors and furniture.
- Attachments include a crevice tool, a small brush attachment for handheld use and a convenient shoulder strap
- A telescopic wand for height adjustment
- The Vonhaus 2 in 1 can be used as an upright or handheld vacuum
This model is not intended to be a heavy duty upright vacuum cleaner. However, the VonHaus 600W is a good all round vacuum cleaner. In light of its features, it is clearly targeted at those in small apartments or houses with hard floor surfaces like tiles or linoleum.
Often people tend to buy these style of vacuums in the cordless variety. This is because they believe them to be better than the corded type. However, most of the cordless vacuums in this style have an operational limit of approximately 30 to 45 minutes before you need to recharge it. Unfortunately, this makes them insufficient for prolonged cleaning in larger spaces.
Why You Should Buy One
The HEPA filtration system is definitely an added bonus for the VonHaus 600W 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight Upright Stick vacuum cleaner. Overall though, it looks good and has the benefit of the removable handheld vacuum.
As we have discussed above, this model is best suited for mostly bare floors and tiles. Unfortunately, the VonHaus vacuum has an unusually loud motor. However, the HEPA system certainly makes this a vacuum to consider if you suffer from allergies or other respiratory complaints.
In addition, the accessories provided offer added value. These include the crevice tool, small brush attachment, hose adaptor and shoulder strap add to the overall value. Therefore, the VonHaus 600W 2 in 1 is definitely worth checking out.
- UPRIGHT & HANDHELD - Stick Vacuum Cleaner with 130 Air Watts of Suction Power. Can be used at full length or without the extension tube for handheld cleaning
- BAGLESS VACUUM - 1.3L tank, easy to remove dust container: simply detach and empty the contents straight into the bin
- FILTRATION - the filtration system can lock in small particles, so that they dont re-circulate back into the air of your home
- EXTENDABLE HANDLE - easily glides over surfaces. 19.5 Foot Quick Release Power Cord, crevice tools and extension tube
- ATTACHMENTS - includes crevice tool, small brush attachment for handheld, hose adaptor, shoulder strap
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
See Also: Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner